Saturday, July 9, 2022

Still Day 30-One Month on the Road Stats and Observations

When there’s a thunderstorm outside, one can sit in the tent and do calculations. Here’s the stats after one month on the road…
Total miles: 1265 (give or take a couple)
Average per day: 42.2ish
Zero days: 2
Nights of free camping/staying: 8
Flats: the ongoing one until I replaced my tire. Doug has had one. 
Other cyclists: Too many to count. 

And now for a few observations…

My concern of not meeting people because I’m riding with someone has mostly gone unfounded. People seem eager to talk to us. 

We’ve been doing pretty good on eating vegetables and, in general, a variety of food. Gonna get some pancake mix next resupply. 

A spillover from hiking is that clean clothes are overrated, but a shower is always desired. 

Doug is getting much better with organization, but I’m still ready to go before him (even though he gets up earlier than I do).

We’ve met some great cyclists, and camped with them multiple times. Only one has been a woman (going eastbound), and that is Grace. They are behind us now, but will probably catch up. 

My hair is getting to the annoying stage. 

I think that’s about it…stay tuned for another stats update in 30 days. 

No comments: