Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Maiden Voyage!

Unfortunately, there are no pictures of today's ride. It was the maiden voyage of Leandra's new Cannondale t2 (as yet unnamed)! I thought it was going to be similar to Stella's maiden voyage which was in the snow and rain, but the rain stopped by the time I got to Leandra's and didn't ever start up again.
Stella and I and Leandra and her nameless baby headed out Madrona Beach Rd. to Hwy 101. We exited 101 at Hurley Waldrip and rode over to Hwy 108. We followed 108 to McCleary where we stopped at Subway for some lunch. After lunch we worked our way over to Hwy 8 and rode to Ranch House BBQ for some delicious Bourbon Pecan Pie. From there it was home via Old Hwy 410 back into town. By the time we got back to Leandra's, it was pretty dark. Leandra was in her usual, not so bright, black (although it was a very nice new Gore Wear jacket). She rode in front of me so I could have the tail flashers on and my headlight lighting her way.
Total miles for Stella and I: 59.8
Total miles for Leandra and Miss Noname: 50

Never a bad day to ride!

No comments: