Friday, June 22, 2018

June 22: A Little Bike Ride Toward the City

I was feeling the need to get on the bike for a little ride. Similar to what I’ve done in Minneapolis, I had a look at Google Maps, and planned a route solely on bike paths. 

I went back to the path that runs along the freeway, and rode that to the Swan River. At the Esplanade, I turned left and rode along the river to the Canning Bridge, crossed the bridge, rode back along the other bank of the river, back to the Mt. Henry Bridge, across the bridge, and back to the freeway path. 

Little art work on the Esplanade path.

Perth from the Canning Bridge

Path along the south die of the river.

Trail maintenance 

Riding across the Mt. Henry Bridge

On the way back, I needed to find a Post box to mail another postcard to My Sweet Baboo. I figured there must be one at the shopping center, so I got off the path there. I was also getting hungry, and had been thinking of finding a Subway. Lo and behold, right next to the Post Office was a Subway! Perfect!

It was a good ride today. Next, I think I might take the train into the city, do some riding along the river there, then ride back (or ride into the city and take the train back).







No comments: