Monday, July 9, 2018

(Backup) July 9: Heading Back With a Bit On the Same Road I Rode On

As always, all good things must come to an end so one can appreciate how good it was...and so is the case for our trip to the Margaret River Region of Western Australia. We had one last hurrah at the Goose Cafe in Busselton for coffee (hot chocolate) before getting on the road north.

Okay, I might have had a cherry ripe slice too...

Cathie’s friend, Lisa, who we had met up with briefly in Harvey, and lives in Australind, was available for us to drop in on our way back. To get to her place, we went on the same road I had ridden from Bunbury. We even went by where I camped in Bunbury. 

We had a nice visit and lunch with Lisa and her daughter, Billie. Billie’s twin sister, Poppy, came out and said hello to us. Afterward, we went to the Bunbury Farmers’ Market.

It’s kind of like the IKEA of farmer’s markets. You work your way through in one direction. It was very busy. There were some interesting items.

This looks like the squid face guy in Pirates of the Caribbean. Really, it is called...

Ah yes...not squid.

Any guesses???

Did you get it right?

This was amusing to me.



Get it?

And finally...

Well, I did see camels! Might be interesting to see a camel being milked...

Oh, and there was this humorous sign too.


From the market, we bee-lined it to Coolup to drop off Judy at her grandkids. We had a bit of a visit, then headed to Kiwanna to drop off Marlene. We rolled into Success as the sun was setting. It was a most awesome trip! It’s been great because I haven’t really been thinking about going home because we’ve been so busy seeing as much as possible.

So, now, I have just one more day, and that’s only because my flight is not until 11:55pm. Tomorrow, I will be packing up the panniers, then it’s the marathon flight home...








1 comment:

Di E said...

Great post, Colleen, I got a good laugh! And those fruits were very interesting. Hope you're having a good rest back home now.

Di