Sunday, July 7, 2019

(Temporary Backup) OSBT Day 29-Okay Siri, Whatever You Say, Siri

If you mainly read/look at this blog for the photos of beautiful scenery, you may as well stop reading now. This post will not have any scenic photos. 

Today was an interesting day in that I used Google and Siri to guide me from Champoeg State Park to my friend’s house. I used my Bluetooth speaker so I could hear the directions over the traffic noise. 

It was rural for about the first 15 or so miles, then I started going through the towns outside of Portland...Canby, Oregon City, Clackamas, etc. I went through a few neighborhoods and as I was riding through one, I saw this sign. 

Didn’t actually see any turkeys. 

I had just turned onto Main Street in Oregon City when I was thinking I could really use a potty shack, and wouldn’t it be nice it there was just, every once in awhile, a random potty shack, when I come around the corner, and what do I see?

Can you see any reason why ther should be a potty shack in this location? I couldn’t. 

It was even artistically painted with music instruments. 

Not much later, I got on the first path (well, really the second, as I had ridden a path out of the park). 

This was just a little connector path. 

The path I spent the most time on was the I-205 Path. 

Can you guess why they call it the I-205 Path?

There’s the Max. 

Now this section was very nice. The houses alongside it were also very nice. Sadly, there were lots and lots of homeless tents strewn along the majority of the path, but not here. 

Eventually, I made it to the bridge. 

Yep, bike path goes right down the center. 

There’s the Columbia River 

Tired? Have a seat!



It was very loud. 

I made it to Kim and Kevin’s right about noon. It was 42 miles. Because I’m a day early, I’m going to stay and visit for an extra day. Then it should be two days to home. 







1 comment:

Adam Wilson said...

Its an incredible joy perusing your post.Its brimming with data I am searching for and I want to post a remark that "The substance of your post is amazing" Great work.