Monday, May 24, 2010

Aha! I Found It!

For today's ride, I decided to go back down Big Hanaford Rd. to Teitzel Rd. and see where it went. It was a rather rough chipseal road that followed along what I'm going to call the Hanaford Valley (I have no idea if that is it's real name, but that's what I'm calling it). After about 3 miles or so, the road made a sharp right, became much smoother and went across the valley. It ended at an intersection with...Little Hanaford Rd.! If you recall from a previous post, I had been looking for Little Hanaford Rd. I found it! I turned right and followed it into Centralia where it becomes Marion Rd. and ends up back at 507 just north of downtown. I headed north back up 507. Stopped at a little mom and pop burger shack called Mr. J's for lunch. Took the trail back at Tenino. Caught up to a couple just before the Sculpture Garden. This was the gal's first ride in 2 years after being hit by a car. The neurologist told her she could never ride again. And let me tell you, she was NOT riding slow! Granted, she was on a Bianchi road bike, but I was huffing and puffing to keep up with her! I got first names, but not last. They would be fun to ride with...Total miles for today: 69
The valley along Teitzel Rd.
Just a few tadpoles!
Deer that was on the trail moments before.

No comments: