Then, of course, the storm passed, and it stopped raining! Bethany told me I should go out and find the 13 other Garfield statues (I went by one yesterday). This is the hometown of Jim Davis, creator of Garfield the cat.
Needless to say, I did not go out seeking the other statues. I went over to Lola’s Coffee House (which is owned by the same women who run the B&B) for some of their signature coffee cake, and a hot chocolate.
| Hmmm…that looks ominous! |
When I came out of the Circle K it was as dark as if there was a full solar eclipse happening! A woman I walked out with said, “I’m usually at home when it’s this dark!” I beat feet back to the B&B, and arrived just as it was beginning to rain. And boy did it ever rain! Sheets of rain!
| Lucky to be inside! |
I’m sure if I had ridden today, this storm would have caught up to me. It should be over in time to ride tomorrow.
I have used the day to do some planning. My plan is to arrive in DC on August 26th. I could arrive the 25th, but a day of wiggle room is not a bad idea. Plus, my youngest son, Nolan, is going to meet me at the Washington monument on the 26th! I’ve planned the shortest day for the last day from a lock on the C&O to the Washington monument. It will be just 23 miles. Nolan and I will spend three days in DC. Now I can book my flight home. Hopefully, I won’t have too much rain these next couple of weeks. I’ll be finally back to more camping!
No comments:
Post a Comment