Thursday, November 15, 2012

Getting Back on the Horse...er...Bike

And...at night no less! If I'm going to be honest, it was a little nerve wracking at first, but then it was okay. It helped that the weather was perfect for a November night ride--no rain, and temps in the mid 40s.

There were 7 of us. For a change, the gals outnumbered the guys! I found I was most comfortable hanging off the back. I kept a healthy distance from the rider in front of me. I was also comfortable if I was in the front (Michelle and I lead for awhile up to the turnaround point). The best part was that my knee felt good. My butt felt good for most of the ride (double padding, tights over shorts did the trick). I was starting to feel it toward the end, so 38 miles is maybe it for a couple more days. Tomorrow's ride is 62 miles, but there are ways to shorten it, so I think it will be fine.

It's great to be back in the saddle again!

1 comment:

TrevorW�� said...

Great to hear that you are back in the saddle....Well done!!

-Trevor