Friday, January 26, 2024

1/26-Final Day in Rio Grande

After a leisurely morning, Alex, Markus, and I rode over to the same coffee shop I went to with Mathias and Carmilla yesterday. The same guy was there. Turns out, the coffee shop has only been open for about a year. It is run by just two guys. One takes one shift, and the other takes the other shift. Both speak English pretty good. Today, we had lunch too. I had medialunas con jamón y queso.
Croissants with ham and cheese. Alex and Markus had avocado toast with an egg. It almost looked like a divide sign. 


When we were paying, the guy asked me if I was on iOverlander. IOverlander is an app/website we use to find wild camp spots. You can also find restaurants and other useful info. He wanted to put his cafe on iOverlander so more tourists would come. Alex did it for him. He was grateful. 

We rode back, and I showed A&M where the mercado was so they could get their resupply. I did mine yesterday. Tonight we will eat dinner here. I need to finish off a few town food items I bought. 

Tomorrow we head toward Tolhuin. We were going to do a gravel route, but due to wind direction, we will stay on RN 3. We should have a pretty good tailwind. This is the wind forecast for tomorrow. 

It’s in kilometers. 

I’m looking forward to getting back on the road tomorrow. It’s been 7 days. Hope I remember how to…nah, I’ll be fine!

Oh, and look what Alex brought me from their bus ride through Chile yesterday!

My favorite!!!

No comments: