Thursday, January 25, 2024

1/25-Back Together Again!

This morning I got a message from Mathias asking if I wanted to meet them at a coffee shop at 10:00. It was nearly 9:30. The location was about 3kms away. I would need to ride, which was fine by me. Garmin was not wanting to accept the address I put in, so I just used Google Maps. It was pretty straightforward…so I thought. When I got to where it was supposed to be, there was nothing. I went around the block. Still nothing. Then I had the bright idea to look on the other side of the street. Ah…there was Carmilla, and there was the place (note to self…look on both sides of the street, even if it looks like it should be on the one side).

Also, when I came back, it took awhile to acquire the satellite, hence the weird straight line. 

We had a nice chat, and made a possible plan for dinner when Alex and Markus get here. Speaking of A&M, they made it to the bus. Alex messaged me telling me that yesterday there was a general strike in Argentina that affected transportation. And, today's bus was full. That means, if we had tried to get the three of us, with our bikes, here by bus, it wouldn’t have worked. Good thing we rented the pickup. Just another example of how “It always works out.”

It was 4:00. Their bus should have been arriving in R. Grande now, but Alex just messaged me saying they just arrived at the border back into Argentina. Everyone has to get off the bus to go through border control. It would be awhile before they got here. But, once they were moving again, they would just have 68kms more to R. Grande. Of course, they would have to get a taxi to here once they arrived at the bus station. 

6:00, and they were here! Mathias and Carmilla made a dinner reservation for 7:00. It was about the same distance as this morning. We rode our bikes there. I had a great dinner of gnocchi with a herb and butter sauce with prawns. 

Now we say goodbye to Carmilla and Mathias until Ushuaia. They are leaving tomorrow, but they will be in Ushuaia for a week. We will see them again. 

Garmin routed us back home with no problems. 
Much more straightforward. 

I didn’t take any photos today. R. Grande is not such an impressive place. Maybe tomorrow I will take some photos of the town anyway. 




No comments: