Friday, July 13, 2012

Star is Ready, Am I?

Tomorrow I will ride from Seattle to Portland in the Group Health STP Bike Ride. That's 203 miles. In the last three weeks I have been on my road bike, Star, exactly one time (last Sunday for 35 miles). Of course I have been riding--about 550 miles around the Olympic Peninsula. Is it enough? Does two weeks of daily riding on a fully loaded Bike Friday translate to being well-trained for a double-century?

I was definitely ready prior to leaving for the Olympic Peninsula. I had done several century rides as well as one 150 miler and one double metric century (127 miles). Of course, lots of other rides too.

The last time (and only time) I did STP in one day, I left two days later for a two week tour down the Oregon Coast. That was no problem. Now we will see if I can do a two week tour, THEN do STP in one day. Stay tuned to this blog to find out the answer.

No comments: