Saturday, February 17, 2024

2/17-Leg Three…Home At Last!

Yep, after 40 hours of travel time, I am home!

The flight from Houston was quite fun for the first 45 minutes or so. There was a lot of turbulence coming out of Houston. Then things settled down, and it was just another boring flight. Funny thing though, of all three flights, I slept more on this one than the other two combined! I think the lack of sleep finally caught up with me. I was watching Oppenheimer on my phone, but kept falling asleep. I got the gist of it though. 

Coming into Seattle, Rainier was mostly cloud covered, but Lake Washington was clear. 


Gathering the bags went smoothly as I was able to get a cart. Of course, I had to pay $8.00 again. SeaTac is the only airport out of 7 airports where I had to pay for a cart. And $8.00 is a ripoff! 

Best part of the day was Makaela pulling up!

She took me to the airport back in November, and picked me up three months later. She is also brought me food! She’s the absolute best!!!

I haven’t taken Billy out of the box yet. The box survived Ushuaia to Buenos Aries, BA to Houston with hardly a scratch (plus 20 hours in the BA airport). I get it at Oversize Baggage in Seattle, and one of the handles is ripped, the top is only partially retaped, and there are other tears. This is all because TSA opens it! When they put it through an X-ray scanner, I don’t see why they have to open the box. Or at least they could completely tape it back up! This is why there is nothing but the bike in the box (well, that and the AirTag). I hope Billy is okay, but I’m too tired to check today. 

Can’t really see the damage. Oh, the IKEA Fracta Bag came through unharmed. It’s a pretty sturdy bag! I can definitely recommend this bag for flying with bikepacking bags. 

I will probably do a wrap up post soon, but for now I’m enjoying having had a nice long shower, and wearing different clothes!!!

Stay tuned for the stats (if you are interested).



1 comment:

Matt S. said...

Welcome back! Was great traveling along via your descriptive blog posts and wonderful photos.
Was the choice of the single person tent a good one?