Monday, February 19, 2024

2/19-Billy has Survived and a Few Stats

It seems Billy has survived his journey in a suboptimal box. He is pretty durable. 

Nice thing about not needing to reuse the box, I can just cut it open. 

All put back together. Ready for the next adventure. 

Thank you suboptimal box for holding together. 

I’ve compiled a few stats:
Kilometers/miles ridden from Puerto Montt to Ushuaia: 2092.6kms/1300.3miles

Kilometers in Chile on the Carratera Austral: 1208.4
Kilometers in Argentina: 884.2

Total days in South America: 92

Days spent riding with forward progress: 41

Days off, not including Ushuaia: 36

Camping in Chile: 15 nights out of 44 days
Camping in Argentina: 8 nights out of 25 days (not counting Ushuaia)
The rest of the nights were spent indoors. 

If you’ve followed my previous tours, you may notice this tour was different. It was by far the most relaxed tour I’ve done. It’s also the only tour where I have lost fitness, and gained weight. However, I very much enjoyed getting to do this adventure with Alex and Markus. Their previous experiences in South America were invaluable. They made it very easy for me. And, we laughed…a lot!!! In the end, spending time with great friends while having amazing experiences is what it is all about!!! Thank you Alex and Markus for letting me tag along!



No comments: