Monday, February 5, 2024

2/5-Photos From Wanderings in Ushuaia

Here are some photos taken around Ushuaia. Since it was a nice day (a little windy, but not raining), we decided to walk into town. In the process, I bought a box knife to assist me when I construct a bike box for Billy, and Alex and Markus got tape (I’ll get tape later from someplace closer to my hostel).
These first 4 are from yesterday when we met Mathias and Carmilla for the last time (they fly today) for brunch. 

This is Tanta Sara’s version of French Toast. It was quite good. 

Yellow paint seems to be the most prevalent paint color. 

On our way to catch the “B” bus. Had to climb up several blocks. Later, on the bus app, I saw we could have caught it at an earlier stop. Oh well, good exercise. 

This pitbull always wants to play, but won’t give me the plastic bottle so I can throw it. 

The following photos were taken today. 

An “antique” house (1923). 

Not sure what this building is, but it’s a nice plaza. 

Obviously, no cars go on this road. 

The gaucho. 

Along the shore of Bahia Encerrado. 

And there’s the Ushuaia sign again. 

Another barco wreck. 

Haven’t seen this kind of bird. 

I think this is the wreck of the San Christopher. 

Bahia Encerrado

We stopped at a cafe called Ana & Juana. Do you see the face in my hot chocolate?

We caught the “B” bus back. Funny thing, the driver was the same guy from the “A” bus that we first took into town. 

That’s it for today’s meandering around Ushuaia. 



No comments: