Tuesday, February 6, 2024

2/6-A Short Hike and Packing Prepping

It’s another reasonably nice day here in Ushuaia. Markus’ goal for today was to get Max and Violeta packed in their boxes for Thursday’s departure. Alex and I got out of his way by going on a little hike. 

This trail is only about 500 meters from our apartment. We’ve been by it many times in the car and on the bus. It was an easy walk to here. 

Definitely a well used trail. 

A nice walk in the woods. 

On review mentioned it can be a little muddy…true. 

This was the end (1.7kms later).

We popped out to a dirt road. We opted to walk the road back to make it a loop. 

Heading back. Cruise ship in the distance. 

The route. 

I’ve been going back and forth on how best to get the empty bike box to the hostel. Last night, I finally had the solution. I would flatten the box, and fold it up. Then I would strap it onto my bike. So, I did that. It was still an unwieldy package. I decided, since I have to make it bigger anyway, I would cut it in half (with the handy dandy box knife I bought yesterday). Then I could stack the halves, and strap them on the back of Billy. Then, thinking further, I realized since it’s now a much smaller package,

I could take it to the hostel tomorrow, and have them store it where they store luggage (protected from the rain). We are going into town tomorrow for a final goodbye dinner anyway. Then I’ll just ride Billy in usual touring mode on Thursday to the hostel. Problem sorted!

Meanwhile, Max and Violeta are snug in their boxes. They’ll be packed until Alex and Markus get to Rome (after a week in Buenas Aires).

It took nearly three rolls of tape. Billy will probably take the same since I have to put it back together and add more cardboard. 

So, a productive day…





No comments: