Thursday, July 4, 2013

The Hazards of Staying in a Construction Zone

I'm staying at my son and soon-to-be daughter-in-law's house in Eugene. The thing is, they just moved in a couple of days before I got here, and...well, the remodel of the house is not exactly finished.

The washer and dryer are not hooked up, and I really needed to do a full-scale clothes washing. Since I was planning to ride with Mallory to campus, I thought I would quickly ride down the road to the laundromat and wash my clothes so I could get them hung up to dry. They weren't open. I guess that would have to wait until later. 

Mallory and I rode onto the U of O campus. I left Mallory there and went to Starbucks to post the previous two blogs (yep, cable and wifi not hooked up yet). From there I went to REI to get more fuel and Tenacious Tape (I used the remainder of my tape in the ER repair). 

I came back to the house and, again, took my skanky clothes to the laundromat. This time I was successful. On my way back, I realized I had a flat rear tire. Fortunately, it is just a few blocks between the house and laundromat. 

After I hung up my clothes, I turned to fixing the flat. Upon inspection, I discovered a piece of wire in the tire. Since the back porch is part of Construction Zone Central, it is likely I picked up the offending wire there. Well, there are worse places to get a flat tire!




No comments: