Friday, May 27, 2016

Chapter 4 of the Tilmann Saga--Planet Earth

Derik and I had plans once Tilmann returned from the painter's. Unfortunately, they had to change a little. But, it will be okay. Jeff at Forever Powder Coating finished Tilmann's paint job today right when I was sitting at the train station waiting to go back to Eugene for a couple of weeks. We were hoping to get him back yesterday, so I could take him to Eugene. Instead, Betsy gets to make one last trip on the train.

I decided to go ahead and have Derik put all of Tilmann's parts together while I am gone. He has promised to take photos while he is building him up. So, I'll be able to share them in Chapter 5.

Derik picked up Tilmann, and took these photos. 

Top tube
Seat tube
Fork
Can you tell where the split is, in the seat stay, to get the belt on? 

Needless to say, based on these photos, I am very happy with how he turned out. Considering he's a bike, he is a good representation of the earth from space!

When I return home, Derik and I will go over Tilmann's tricks, and how to take him apart to pack him in his case. I fly with him to Spokane on June 14. That doesn't leave a lot of practice time...




No comments: