Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Alpacas Galore!

Today I had a meeting at 2:30 so I decided to bike there by taking the long and scenic route. My meeting was actually only about 3 1/2 miles away. The way I went was 54 miles.
Along Hwy 99 between Tenino and I-5 there is an Alpaca ranch called Alpacas of the Americas. I've been by this ranch many times. The alpacas are usually in the fields off from the hwy. There are hundreds (if not thousands) of them. Lots of different colors; brown ones, white ones, black and multi-colored ones. Today as I was heading west, I rode past a small field (more like a grassy area with an overgrown dirt road through it). In this grassy area there were several of the alpacas. They seemed to be headed somewhere. They were really close to the road. Some stopped to look at me. One had hair growing over his (or her) eyes and had to lift it's head to see out from under the hair. They were rolling in the grass and trotting along. It as such an unusual sight that a car had pulled over and was taking pictures just like I was! Here is one of the photos I took.

I'm glad I took the long way!

No comments: