Friday, December 10, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again!

Okay, so it wasn't a very long ride today but, I did it. After cleaning Stella and putting new rear brake pads on (actually, the old ones weren't completely worn out but, decided to put new ones on anyway), I SLOWLY and CAREFULLY swung my leg over the saddle and climbed aboard. The pedaling was no problem (not a surprise there since I did finish the ride after crashing). Stopping was good. Getting off was a bit dicey. Determined that getting off on the other side worked better. After the "test" ride, I rode to Debra's to play Mah Jongg. I find myself riding fairly cautious. That's probably not a bad thing.

On the way home, I went through the neighborhoods and came out at the Chehalis Western Trail bridge over Yelm Hwy. I went over the bridge and as I was coming down the other side I saw something white sitting on the side of the trail. As I got closer, I shined my headlight (it was dark) and saw it was a snowy owl! It was about the size of a cat. I stopped Stella and watched it fly off into the trees. I thought to myself, this is why I ride!

Next week I'm ordering a disc brake for the front of Stella. I'll take a picture and post it when she's all fixed up.

No comments: