Sunday, February 19, 2017

Feb 19--The Final Countdown!

We moved to the Cactus Inn which is closer to the airport, although we're still not sure how we are getting to the airport.

Sarah routed us to the hotel on dirt roads, so we didn't have to ride on Mex 1 hardly at all.
The part of San Jose Del Cabo that most gringos never see.

Once we got checked in, we started the process of packing up the bikes. I took off most of the bags, then we rode to a restaurant that had birria, which a a soup with shredded beef that you add veggies to, and tortillas. I can't believe I waited until the last day to have birria! That was a mistake. Guess I'll have to come back!

When we got back to the hotel we buckled down and got to taking the bikes apart. I thought about how Tilmann goes in his case, and used that to pack Mama Cass. Of course, she's a little bigger, but I think I did a good job.

I wrote my name and phone number, and added, "Please handle with care so this cocoon and become a beautiful bikerfly."

Here's the guys getting their bikes ready.

Once the bike was packed, I packed the Chinese Shopping bag. I'll carry on one pannier with my sleeping bag, pad, and pillow, and my little backpack with my iPad, camera, etc.

For dinner, we walked down to a hot dog stand that had more than hot dogs. I had a final torta (gonna miss those), and some juice. 

Final dinner

We were just now sitting outside talking with Liza and Tyson when a white panel van pulled in. I told Tom that van would be perfect to take us to the airport. The guy checked in, then parked his van. Tom went over and asked the guy if he could give us a ride tomorrow morning. He said yes! This is Mexico! People are amazing! We're not sure if he said 6:00, 6:30, or 7:00. We'll be ready at 6:00.

No comments: