Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Aug 22--Day 71--The Hot Turkey Sandwich Was Good

Today was all about getting to Ludington. 

 

There was a thunderstorm last night, and today seemed as if the eclipse was still going on because it was dark and dreary. I only had 45 miles to Cartier Park in Ludington, but they were a boring 45 miles. I stopped for a break in Free Soil (would that be dirt that costs nothing?) after 25 miles of non-stop pedaling. I know for roadies, 25 miles isn't a lot without taking a break, but for loaded touring it is a long stretch.

 

After another 12 miles I came to a grocery/deli in Hamlin (don't know if it's really a town or just a suburb of Ludington). Today's lunch special was a hot turkey sandwich for $4.99. Such a deal! It was pretty tasty and filling.

 

The park was just another 5 miles down the road. Although I am very close to Lake Michigan, I can't see it. I guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow morning when I go to the ferry. I'll have just a mile and a half, with part being on a bike path, to get to the ferry tomorrow.

 

 

Oh, I saw a couple of touring cyclist today. I pulled off and stopped (as that is what we do). They just waved and rode on by. For that, I wish them headwinds! 

The only photo today. I'm on the North Lakes Route, so here's a photo of one of the lakes (Bass Lake)

 

No comments: