Wednesday, June 8, 2011

One Long Stinkin' Climb!

I know, I know, that's what I've been doing for the last 7 days! However, for some reason this climb was the hardest. Could be because it was 9.2 miles long. Could be because it was all in the sun. Could be because there was no place to pull off (just had to stop on the road). Or, it could be because it was extremely boring! Scrub, scrub and more scrub! The road was Lone Pine Canyon Rd. I must admit I had the tiniest little meltdown when the flies would not leave me alone. I couldn't out pedal the damn things. Finally I stopped and pulled out my bug off bandana. If nothing else, it made me think they were leaving me alone!

Now I'm in Wrightwood with about 25 or so miles to go. I'll probably free-camp again on US Forest Land. NĂ©ed to fill up an extra platypus. Yay, more weight to carry! This is the last town I will go through today.

Onward and upward!

No comments: