Tuesday, November 13, 2012

50 Shades of...

...Black and Blue!

Below is a photo of my legs 2 days post crash--a whole lotta bruisin' goin' on. *WARNING* It ain't pretty.

I took my wheel in to the shop yesterday. The diagnosis was grim. The rim was dead. The boys at the shop rose to the challenge, but she just couldn't be saved. Fortunately, they had two options in stock for replacement. One had even been hand built at the shop. I went with that wheel. It's a Mavic Sport double-walled aluminum. It's durable and should perform well should I happen to find myself in another crash situation (which, although I would really prefer not to, is possible).

The front fender was also broken. Since no one sells just one road fender, I had to get a new set. I got SKS Raceblade Long. I have SKS fenders on Stella and I've been very happy with them. The old fenders were always rubbing anyway. The Raceblades go on in such a way as to minimize the chance of rubbing.

So, the bike is all fixed and ready to go. As for me? I've done a bit on Stella. As long as I don't pedal too fast, and I wear a good pair of PADDED bike shorts, it's not too bad (not to worry, there will be no photos of THAT bruise).

1 comment:

TrevorW�� said...

Ouch! That makes my legs hurt just looking at those bruises...
Here's to a quick recovery...

-Trevor