Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Bit on the Chilly Side

Tonight was a great evening for another night ride. This time there were 8 or 9 of us. We did the same route as last time, but this time the leaves had been swept off the trail--YAY! We were able to go faster overall. It's amazing what you can do when you can see the trail!

It was also a little colder than last time. Actually, it was quite a bit colder. I exchanged last time's short sleeve wool base for a long sleeve wool base yet, I was not the slightest bit sweaty when I got home. However, my feet stayed toasty and, although my hands were numb, they felt warm when I took my gloves off.

Did I mention how much I like riding in the dark? It's even more fun with a group. I love the pace--fast enough to keep me working--slow enough to chat and get to know the people in the group. The 2 1/2 hours seem to fly by!

It was another 38 miles, but this time the average was 16.7!

No comments: