Wednesday, March 27, 2013

And Now I Wait

There always seems to be the big rush to get out the door and to the airport. Excitement plays a part, I'm sure.

I left for the airport a few minutes earlier than planned. You never know what traffic is going to be like. It was fine--hardly any slowdowns to speak of. Sooo...arrived at the airport with plenty of time to spare. So much so, that I even offered to take Betsy back over to the "Streamline Baggage Drop" to get the stamp on the baggage tag that the lady forgot to do, before dropping her off at the oversize baggage drop.

I was tempted to get in the long line at Security Checkpoint 4 just to kill some more time but, I walked down to 3 where the line was considerably shorter. No sense standing in line when I could be sitting on one of the oh-so-comfortable seats at the gate.

At the full-body scan, I asked the guy if I looked like a reindeer with my hands in antler formation on my head. He said I was auditioning for the role as the Mariner Moose. Quick wit that guy!

Now I will wait for another 1 1/2 hours or so until time to board. Next stop...Austin!

No comments: