Friday, March 22, 2013

Spring! Where Are You?

I was reading a fellow blogger's latest post begrudging the weather. He hails from "across the pond", but seems to be experiencing the same weather that we are having here. The difference between us is that while he has been holed up inside, I have been riding, and even racing, in all kinds of weather (except warm and sunny). Okay, mostly wind and cold rain (no snow). I've also managed to not be riding during the periods of hail the last few days (sheer luck).

I leave in an hour or so to head back up to Sequim for the second Tour de Dung and my fifth race of the season (again going to Port Townsend first--like last week). The weather is predicting 0% chance of rain (Is that where you are hiding, Spring?)! High is only 48 degrees but, as long as it's not raining, I'll be happy with that.

One more race, then I get to skip Spring altogether and go straight into Summer! The weather in Austin may be considered Spring for Austinites (Austinians?), but for a Washingtonian such as myself, it will be the height of summer! I can't wait!

Stay tuned for tomorrow's race report. My goal for this race is to stay safe and, if possible, have a top 10 finish.

1 comment:

Dillon Welch said...

Austinites, for the record.