Sunday, November 13, 2022

On Our Way To Nepal!


There’s our plane!

We departed Seattle at 4:20pm. It was a long long flight, almost 15 hours to…Qatar. Yes, we are not even in Nepal yet. We don’t board our flight to Kathmandu until 12:50am. It’s currently 7:40pm here in the Doha airport. The flight wasn’t terrible, but I didn’t really sleep. Every time I would doze off, either the flight attendant would come by with more food, or one of the guys next to me would want out. 

We arrived at 5:15pm in Doha. We killed some time wandering around the airport. It’s pretty fancy. 




We found the lounge room, and a couple of our group went in to lounge for awhile. The rest of us continued to wander the airport. 

Qatar is hosting the World Cup starting Nov 15th. As you can imagine everything is World Cup themed. 

Giant soccer ball 

Giant teddy bear…is this the mascot??? Looks a little sad. 

Soccer “fields” in a number of places. 

We parked ourselves on the 4th floor outside the spa. Makaela, Heather, and Sean went in for soaks and showers. I didn’t have any extra clothes, so I didn’t go in. Instead, I’m doing this blog post. 

Once we get to Nepal, especially Langtang, it’s unlikely I will have WiFi. You’ll all have to wait for the posts until I get home. Good y for now from Qatar. 


No comments: