Thursday, February 16, 2023

New Mexico-Travel Day

My dearest Makaela took me to the airport this morning for my 2:00pm flight to El Paso, TX (closest big airport to Las Cruces, NM). Except for Billy being a very wide load in his gigantic box, the process was pretty easy. With Billy and the duffel dispatched at Bag Drop, I breezed through security, grabbed some lunch, and went to the gate. 

Flight took off just a couple minutes late due to some important maintenance issues with…a tray table. 

Goodbye Seattle!

I watched the movie “Lyle Lyle Crocodile” on my phone. It was a cute movie. The singing voice of the crocodile was Shawn Mendez. Not Oscar worthy, but passed the time. 

Sunsetting as we descended into El Paso. 

Giant star on the mountainside. Guess we’re inTexas now!

We landed about 15 minutes early. I met up with Bethany at Baggage Claim. 

Missed the “E”, but it still reads the same! 

Billy came out of a side door, box still in one piece. The Priority box has now survived two flights. I retrieved the duffel from the carousel. Bethany and I wheeled out to the curb. Once outside, I texted Sara (one of the Doña Ana SheWolves), and she picked us up in her truck. What a nice gal! Can’t wait to ride with her! 

Sara took us to a grocery store so we could get food for the trip, then dropped us at our hotel. We set to work putting the bikes back together. Sheesh, that took a long time! Not difficult, just time consuming. 

At least the room is big enough!

Now it’s time to get some sleep. Tomorrow we ride!!! Oh, one last thing…for those who know the story of the date being changed by the woman who organized the original event, we found out she has canceled it altogether! But, we’ll still get to ride and camp with the SheWolves for one night. I’m not disappointed in the event being canceled. 



No comments: