Thursday, August 17, 2017

Aug 14--Day 63--A Day Off...of Sorts

Today was the first 40 mile day I've had in a long time. It's like having a day off! Funny though, the one day where I had a tailwind is the day I don't have many miles. Unfortunately, the next camping opportunity is 60 miles away from where I am tonight. That will be tomorrow.

 

Knowing had didn't have a long day, I took my time this morning. I am usually on the road by 7:15. This morning I didn't get going until the late late time of 7:45! Okay, I guess it wasn't really that late. 

 

My plan was to stop in Port Rowan at the library to upload the last two day's posts. I rolled into town about 9:15. I found the library, and noticed it didn't open until 10:00. I wasn't surprised. To pass the time, I thought I'd get something to eat in a cafe. Well, neither of the two cafes were open either. The only thing that was open was the grocery store. I got a snack, and took it to a little park overlooking the water. 

Snack with a view

 

 

I finished my snack, and returned to the library. Upon closer inspection of the library hours, I discovered the Port Rowan library is closed on Mondays (the Simcoe Library is the one that is open on Mondays at 10:00). So, it was a total waste of time. Port Rowan, you disappoint me!

 

I rode the remaining miles to Port Burwell. It was not an exciting ride. It was mostly along fields of various things like corn and beans--lots and lots of beans. There were also a few fields of this plant with really big leaves. I don't know what it was. 

Beans

Mystery plant

 

 

I knew there was a library in Port Burwell. I found it just as a gal was going in. Yay, it's open, I thought. But, no, it wasn't--not until 2:00 anyway. However, the gal was nice enough to give me a guest library card and PIN number (what one needs to use the wifi) that I could use while sitting at a picnic table next to the library. 

 

Posts uploaded, and email cleared, I went in search of some lunch. I found a restaurant called The Lighthouse. I had a good pulled pork sandwich and some sweet potato fries. 

 

I guess if I hadn't spent the time in Port Rowan, I wouldn't have arrived at the Port Burwell library at precisely the time the gal was going in. Ah, another incidence of everything happening for a reason.

 

 

I'm at the Port Burwell Provincial Park. Since it's a nice day, and a mini day off, I put on my swimsuit and hiked down to the beach. I even took my chair. After wading around in the water, I sat in my chair and fell asleep! I guess I was tired. Good thing it was a short day!

Resting on the beach

 

No comments: