Monday, November 20, 2023

The Final Day in Puerto Montt-Last Minute Things

Tomorrow we hit the road! Today we have taken care of last minute things. I didn’t really have anything I had to do, but Alex and Markus had to mail their big bags home. We walked back to the Mall to the post office. Box shipped, we then went on the hunt for an outdoor shop called “Andes Gear” (in my mind, I kept picturing “Andy’s Gear”). The Mall is huge. It is on par with the Mall of America in Minnesota. 
Multiple floors. 

We had looked up the location on Google Maps. We went into the building, but couldn’t find it. We asked a information person. She said it was on the second floor. It wasn’t. We found another shop, but it didn’t have what we were looking for. We asked them. They told us wrong too. Finally we asked another person who told us it was on the first floor, but in the other building. Over in the other building (where we were yesterday) we took the elevator down. There was a Mall employee and we asked her. She pointed us in the right direction, and we found it. I was thinking maybe I would get some rain shell mittens. They didn’t have any. That’s okay, I’ll be fine. 

Finished with our Mall adventure, we walked back and went to the same coffee shop we went to the other day. They also have food. I had an “Italian” sandwich with chicken. It was pretty good. We also had Limonada con menta. Then I had pumpkin cheesecake for dessert. We wanted to eat there once more as we probably won’t have that kind of opportunity for awhile. 





All quite good!

We were going to get pizza for dinner, but we decided we are too full, so we’ll just go to Vikingo and get empanadas. 

Tomorrow we ride!!!

No comments: