Saturday, July 16, 2011

Another Chance Meeting

Day 46 started out raining. Uggggg! At least the ride was not too difficult.

When I got to La Center (a small town north of Vancouver about 15 miles), I saw a bakery. Coincidently, it was close to 10:00 and snack time! I was waiting while two other women were getting their donuts. They turned around and the one gal said, "Are you Colleen?". Turns out it was my youngest brother's friend and her mom! Understand, I had my bike helmet on and my bike glasses (orange lenses), yet she still recognized me! I haven't seen them for probably 30 years! I asked Tammy how she knew it was me. Apparently, my brother and I look very much alike. Also, what are the chances we would run into each other in La Center? Candi lives in Vancouver and Tammy, turns out, now lives in Lacey about two miles from me! It's just craziness!

Next, as I was riding along coming into Woodland, I was coming down a hill and I saw "Lishan Rd."! I knew the road existed, but I had no idea where it was.

So, even though today's ride started out raining, the sun came out and I actually had a really great time riding! I still can't believe the coincidences of today!

No comments: