Monday, July 18, 2011

HOME!

I did it! I rode my bicycle from San Diego, CA to Olympia, WA!

I left Centralia at 9:00 this morning. It was foggy, but not raining (Yay for no rain on the last day!). I planned to meet Julie in Tenino. It was great to see her as I came around the corner to the trail in Tenino! We rode the Yelm/Tenino Trail to Rainier to go to the Main Street Cookie Company. After enjoying a delicious cookie, Julie and I headed back on the trail. Nolan met us at the train place on the trail and rode with us.

So here are some numbers:
Total Miles: 2207.2
Overall Average: 49.1 miles per day
Longest Day: 82.7 miles from Mt. Shasta, CA to Ashland, OR
Shortest Day: 24.8 miles from the San Diego Airport to Lakeside, CA
Highest Daily Average: 13.8 mph from Old Station to McArthur-Burney Falls State Park
Lowest Daily Average: 5.5 mph from Lake Kaweah to Lodgepole Campground in Sequoia N.P.
Highest Maximum Speed: 48.2 mph coming down Luther Pass to Lake Tahoe

No comments: