Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Our Own Little Tour Group

Day 3 of our tour seemed like it was going to be sunny, but a short rain squall moved through. Of course it was my fault because I had just packed my rain jacket away!

We (all 6 of us) were on the road by about 8:45. Since I just about killed everyone yesterday by going too fast (and probably too long between rest breaks), we decided to take it a bit slower. The ride back out to Hwy 6 was quite pleasant. The ride on Hwy 6 was a little crowded with log trucks. We managed to move right along though. Before we knew it, we were in Centralia at Subway for lunch (who says you can't have lunch at 10:45?). After lunch we went to Berry Fields Cafe for dessert. I had chocolate cream pie. After seeing Alexandra and Markus' hot chocolate, Annette, Leandra and I also had hot chocolate.

From there it was 25 miles to home. Annette, Alexandra, Markus and I left Julie and Leandra at 99 and Rich Rd. It was closer for them to go home on 99. We came in on the trail. When we got home, I told Nolan I had left with one German and came back with two!

Tomorrow, I will take Alex and Markus up to Mt. St. Helens. The weather is not supposed to be all that great, but I still think it is worth the trip.

This little tour was a big success. Annette, Leandra and Julie did very well. I think they enjoyed themselves. I know I sure did. AND...I made two new German friends!

No comments: