Monday, July 25, 2011

Minus 1, Plus 2

Day 2 of our bike ride started out a little damp. Still, we went to the ocean, took some photos and were on the road by 8:45 (from the beach).

We rode the 31 or so miles to Raymond. First we were going to eat lunch at a cafe, but their grill wasn't working so we ended up at Dairy Queen. There we met two other German cyclists, Alexandra and Markus. They had noticed Christian's German flag on his handlebar bag. They are doing a year long cycling trip that will include South America. They are headed to Mount St. Helens, and thus, going our direction.

We said goodbye to Christian (I will miss him--now I MUST go to Germany!). Then with Alexandra and Markus, we headed up Hwy 6. Alexandra and Markus were planning on either trying to hitch a ride up to the top of Mt. St. Helens or maybe riding without their gear. I suggested they ride back to Olympia with us, then I will take them and their bikes and gear to the top of Mt. St. Helens on Wednesday. They can see the mountain and only have to ride down! They agreed to my plan. So, whereas I left the house on Sunday with one German, I will return tomorrow with two!

By the way, the road into Rainbow Falls State Park is still crazy long!

No comments: