Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Great Day Off in Hood River!

Since Hood River is the windsurfing and kiteboarding capital of the world, I wanted to get some photos of them on the river. If you look closely at the photo of the kiteboarder, you will see he is up in the air. They were great fun to watch. We took Katie the dog down to the river with us. She loved fetching her toy in the water. She will sleep well tonight!

After getting some groceries, we walked around downtown and ate dinner at a Mexican place. Then we went to Mike's Ice Cream. It was delicious!

After dinner, we picked up the girls and returned to the river to a very nice park. We played on the toys and threw the toy for the dog. We watched the moon come up and generally had a great time.

My gear is packed and I will leave in the morning. I'm just going to Beacon Rock State Park so I don't have to go too far or leave too early. I did meet another touring cyclist today who actually pushed through the closed portion of Elk Pass. I'm still going to stick with my detour plan...

I've had a great stay here in Hood River with my cousin and her girls! I look forward to coming back again.

No comments: