Saturday, May 8, 2021

OP Day 5- Not Much to Report for Today

Today was really a pretty boring day. Because of the Quinualt Tribal lands, 101 comes inland quite a ways before coming back out to the ocean at Moclips. So, not really any views. In fact, I only took this one photo of the Queets River. 


The weather was not bad, but not great either. It off and on sprinkled for much of the day. It wasn’t enough to warrant the poncho until I was within 10 miles of today’s finish at Pacific Beach State Park. 

Two good things about today...One is that I got the last available tent site at the park. This is not a very big park (as beach parks go). There’s only around 65-70 sites (2 yurts), and no hiker/biker sites. There were just two sites left when I got here. One was the one I’m on, and the other was a hookup site (which costs more). It’s strange, there is no one in the office (strange because it’s Saturday). Oh well, at least I got a site. The second thing is that there are showers here! And, because the token machine is broken, showers are free! And boy was it nice to have a hot shower after two days!

I was able to set up my tent between rain showers. I cooked my dinner in the misty rain (that kind of rain that doesn’t seem too bad, but eventually soaks everything), but ate in my tent. 

I’m hoping it stops raining so I can at least go have a closer look at the beach. Actually, I can see it from my campsite (but not from inside my tent...).

Today was 61 miles, but it almost seemed longer than yesterday’s 73 miles, just because it was boring. Sorry there’s not more photos, but seriously, how many photos of the road and trees does one need to see? Or, even better, the road, and clearcut?

No comments: