Friday, June 14, 2019

And Now I Interrupt This Regularly Scheduled Bike Tour...

For a hike! 

I was thinking I hadn’t ever hiked the trail to the Cape, but then I remembered I had when I did my Long Way to the Cabin Tour. However, I have never done the North Trail from the campground to the Trailhead for the Cape Trail.

I set out this morning around 8:45. At the last minute, I decided to bring my Altra Timp shoes instead of my Nikes. That was a good idea. The trail was pretty tame to start with, but then there were some rougher sections. 



At first, I didn’t realize this was the trail!

There were some nice viewpoints along the way. 

As you can tell, it was a little cloudy and foggy. 

There was a cool swinging bridge. 


I made it to the Trailhead parking for the Cape Trail, North Trail, and South Trail, then started out on the Cape Trail. It’s a very nice trail. 

Looking south





A bit of a drop

Wonder what bird these eggs came from?

Along the trail I passed a family with three kids. We ate lunch together at the end of the Cape Trail. The dad and mom were Bill and Ashley. Kids were William, Bonnie, and Peter. They are from South Carolina, out visiting family. Bill’s grandfather helped build the Cape Trail. 

They were a nice family. I enjoyed meeting them. 

After the family left, several others arrived. They were not very wise as they all promptly climbed over the fence to sit on the rocks. 

Glad the kids didn’t see this. 

I hiked back the way I came. The hike ended up being 10.4 miles. I’m glad I stayed the extra day to do it. 







No comments: