Monday, June 28, 2010

The Ice Cream Man Cometh!

Yes! The Ice Cream Man came through the campground! It wasn't Umpqua or Tillamook, just your garden variety grocery store ice cream. Still, it was a nice dessert.

My "Rest Day" is coming to a close. I didn't go kayaking as it was way too windy. I did take a cool trail down to the beach and then took another trail up to Harris Butte. Mostly, though, I've just been hanging out. David and Lisa also took a rest day so I've been talking to them. So now there is a new crowd here. This gal named Melissa rolled in and came over to say hi to Dave, Lisa and I. She introduced herself and when I told her my name she said, "I've heard about you!". She had ridden with Carling for awhile. Carling had told me about her too. Pretty funny!

I've packed most of my stuff up and I'll be ready to go early in the morning. Hope the wind blows like it did today. Got some good climbs tomorrow. It would be nice to have a little assistance from the wind.

No comments: