Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sitting in the Sun at Port Orford

Just a quick post as I know I won't have service at Humbug Mtn.
I left Tony's at about 8:00 this morning. I may not have had to do Seven Devil's Road, but I di do two devilish climbs through the Coos Forest! Coming down the second one, I got up to 41 mph! Woo Hoo!! Came into Bandon at about 10:30ish. Stopped at Face Rock and had a snack. Then stopped at the Devil's Kitchen (didn't eat anything there). After the Beach Loop, I was back on 101 on the way to Langlois. I stopped at the Langlois Market to put sunscreen on and decided to have some ice cream. The first Umpqua flavors of the trip were Chocolate Brownie Thunder and Bordeaux Cherry. Quite tasty, of course. The chocolate one rivals the Tillamook Mudslide. Apparently, I should have had a hotdog there because they are famous for their homemade mustard. In fact, when I pulled up a gal leans out of her car window and says, "They have really good hotdogs here!". Still, I only had ice cream.
I have about 6 more miles to Humbug Mtn. The wind is blowing so hard that I will probably coast half the way there! Interestingly, I ran into a couple I met at Seal Rock State Park. They are in a van. Strange to see them again.
Well, I'd better push on or I'm going to fall asleep sitting here in the sun! I want to climb Humbug Mtn. when I get there.

No comments: