Monday, June 21, 2010

Sunshine On My Shoulders Makes Me Happy!

Today I went from Ft. Stevens to Nehalem Bay. It was misty this morning, but not for long. I stowed my rain jacket before I even got to 101. This time, coming into Seaside, I followed the map and found this great path called the Prom. It ran along the beach for the length of Seaside. There were a fair amount of people walking that I had to work my way around, but it was very pleasant. Met an older gentleman and rode with him to the end. He was out for his daily exercise. I came into Cannon Beach a little after noon. It was not too crowded. Stopped at a shop and had my first Tillamook ice cream of the trip. Sweet Centennial and Tillamook Mudslide. It was delish! Then I rode a bit further to my friend Julie's fabric shop. Stopped and visited for awhile then headed on down the road. The sun started to shine not long after I left Cannon Beach. I stopped at Tolavana (not sure if that's how it is spelled) Wayside and ate some real lunch (as much as I could survive on ice cream alone, I probably shouldn't). Not long after lunch the climb up Arch Cape started. It's a long one with a tunnel part way up. Since clocking over 10,000 miles last year at the Arch Cape Tunnel, I have added an additional 4260 miles to Stella. I made it to the top and reaped my reward of a nice downhill to Manzanita and the park. So far there are 5 tents total. I have talked to one guy so far. And last night two gals came into Ft. Stevens at about 10:00. They had ridden all the way from Portland. They are from Oakland and are riding back. I expect I'll see them again. I'm crossing my fingers for continued good weather!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just keep peddling, peddling peddling. Just keep peddling, peddling peddling.......

Debra said...

Kudos to you and Stella. Go super biker woman!