Wednesday, July 3, 2019

OSBT Day 26-Made it to the Beginning of my last Scenic Bikeway

Last night I slept on the Thermarest Neo Air Uberlite. It was pretty comfy. I would still like it in the 25” width I stead of 20”, but it looks like they don’t make it in the regular length and the wider width, anyway here’s a photo of my Nemo pad and the Thermarest. 
Quite a difference. 

I gave the pad back to Brian, and said my goodbyes. We’ll keep in touch via email. 

I got on the road at my usual 8:00. Today’s ride was mostly continuing downhill toward Eugene along the McKenzie River. The shoulder varied in width; sometimes nice and wide, sometimes not so much. 

I stopped in Vida for a snack around 10:00, then continued on. I went by the Goodpasture Covered Bridge. 



Last time I rode across it. This time I just took the photos. 

I also rode by this...dam?

Still a lot of hills. 

I had taken a photo of the section of map (Trans Am) that Ken had. Adventure Cycling routes to Armitage from a backroad that I turned onto in Walterville. It was nice to get off the highway before coming into busy Springfield, then Eugene. 

At 51 miles (almost exactly the same as yesterday), I arrive red at Armitage County Park. The office sign said they were full, but there is a place for cyclists it costs $20! Sheesh! Shower was good though. They also have laundry, but I don’t need do do laundry again just yet. 

I went to check on some charging I was doing. When I got back, this fella was mighty close to my food panniers. 

Look! Portrait mode even works for critters!

It scampered up the tree, but was soon back. 

Me thinks I’ll be putting the bags in my tent should I happen to leave them unattended. 

Tomorrow, I start the final Scenic Bikeway...Willamette Valley. I had hoped to make it to Independence on the 4th of July, but I’ll have to settle for Brownsville. 




No comments: