Monday, July 1, 2019

OSBT Day 24-Back to Sisters and a Much Needed Laundromat

Although it rained a bit last night, things were dry this morning. It was to be short lived, however, as it was supposed to start raining by 4:00 at Smith Rock, but 1:00 in Sisters. I had already decided to take the shorter way back to Sisters, but this just reinforced my decision. I was on the road about 8:00. It would be 28 miles vs 37 via the Scenic Bikeway. 

My route called for riding on Hwy 97 to Redmond, then getting on 126 to Sisters. Even though 97 was a pretty busy highway, there was an actual bike lane the entire way. I stopped briefly in Redmond at a park to use the restroom, then continued on. It had already been sprinkling a little, so I didn’t want to waste any time. 

I arrived in Sisters at about 11:00. I went to Creekside Campground which is pretty much right in town, and has a Hiker/Biker area for $5.00. Since I found a five dollar bill on the trail yesterday, I looked at it as a free night of camping. Showers are a buck, but that’s okay. 

The rain had let up for the majority of the ride, but just as I got my tent set up, it started to rain again. Besides beating the rain, my main priority for the day was to do my laundry. Other than doing a bit of handwashing, I hadn’t done full scale laundry since Brookings over a week ago. Yikes, it was time! I filled one of my dry sacks with all my dirty clothes (wore my swimsuit bottoms and my one clean shirt under my rain gear), and headed to the laundromat. 


While my clothes were returning to cleanliness, I walked over to the same bakery I’d been to yesterday. The selection wasn’t as great, as it was a little later than when I was there before, but there was some yummy goodness to be had. I took my treats to a park by the laundromat. 

Clothes all clean (nothing like clean laundry!!!), I returned to the park and took a shower. Now I’m sitting in a different cafe/bakery having a snack while on my way to get a few groceries. 

It has continued to rain off and on. Weather says it’s supposed to stop by 7:15 tonight. Tomorrow is supposed to be a good day, with temps in the mid 70s. I’ll be heading up and over Old Mackenzie Pass and Scenic Bikeway #4. 

Sorry there aren’t more photos, but the views today were the same as they’ve been the last few days. 

No comments: