Sunday, July 7, 2019

OSBT Day 30-A Day in the ‘Couv, Hanging With Friends, and the Lil’ Man

With just two days to go, I took my first day off the bike. We went to Portland to the Columbia Company Employee Store. Because Kevin has military ID, we can get in. They have, of course, Columbia, but they also carry Mountain Hardwear, Prana, and Sorel. The prices vary in goodness, but seem to be somewhat more than half off retail. It was hard to not go crazy because I knew whatever I got, I had to carry for the next two days. I managed to limit myself to a couple pairs of capris, a couple pair of pants, a pair of shorts, and a long sleeve shirt. 

After a delicious dinner of enchiladas, the Lil’ Man (Kim and Kevin’s grandson) and I went out so he could check out my bike. 

Lil’ bike tourer in training!

Corbin got on his bike, and I got on my bike, and we rode around the backyard. 



He’s pretty good at making it roll!

We also spent some time with the girls. 








Tomorrow I’ll hit the road. Not too many miles, but one heck of a climb. 


No comments: