Thursday, December 14, 2023

12/14-Day Off in Cerro Castillo-Avoiding the Rain

Not much to blog about today. We are waiting out the rain in Cerro Castillo, and plan to leave Saturday. It’s fine, because we have plenty of time to get to Cochrane by Dec 23rd. We use these days to get caught up on emails, social media, journals, etc. We did get out to go to a Minimarket not far from our cabaña. They had an okay selection, but not quite as much as the other one we went to yesterday. We got fixings for dinner tonight too. We’ll have three nights to the next town, so I got some resupply. In my quest to come up with something different for dinner, I got some tiny pasta “o”s and a soup mix. I’m thinking of making the soup, and adding the pasta. We’ll see how it warms out. It doesn’t sound all that different, but it’s not couscous, so that’s something. 

Our cabaña is quite comfy. In my room, I have the usual two beds. I also have the pipe for the wood stove. 

It makes it toasty warm. So toasty, in fact, that I didn’t pull the covers over me until the middle of the night. The cábañas we’ve been in don’t exactly have a lot of insulation. I’m not really sure if there is any insulation. They must go through a lot of firewood in the winter!

Oh, and the bikes? They are in the room next door, safe and sound. 

There’s an old Akita dog here named Bruce. I don’t think he sees very well. 

Since I’m just rambling now, I’ll end this post. If you have any questions about…well…whatever you might have a question about, either comment on the post here, or on Facebook, and I’ll answer in another post. 

No comments: