Wednesday, December 27, 2023

12/27-Resupply Trip, and a Toe Named Gertie

The weather was much cooler, and even a spitting of rain this morning. We decided we would do the ride to the river and a hike tomorrow. Today, we would get the food we will need for the next section. We rode our bikes because we figured we would have to go all the way back into town to the big Supermercado. The one that is close by had some things, but not everything. I still needed Nutella and granola. The big Supermercado was finally open today. We got the remaining things, then the wind blew us back up the hill to our cabaña. 

Markus was out on the porch doing some spoon carving. As usual, he made a new friend. 

While his fur is kind of matted, he loves to be petted. 

He probably lives here at the cabañas. As you can see, he has a nice collar. 

Later, I was texting on WhatsApp with my friend, Heike, who is currently in Argentina. She asked where we were. I told her we were still in Cochrane because of Alex’s toe. She said she wished her a speedy recovery. I texted back that her toe was much better, but good ol’ autocorrect changed “her toe” to “Gertie”. I texted Heike that I meant “her toe”, and that I didn’t think Alex had named her toe “Gertie”! After Alex and I having a foot stomping, tear inducing, laugh about that, I decided from henceforth, her toe shall be named Gertie! And yes, Gertie is much better! There’s just the remnants of the blister, which will peel off once it’s healed underneath. 

That’s it for today. 

No comments: