Saturday, December 2, 2023

12/2-Final Day in La Junta-Still Raining

It’s also quite cold. This morning it was in the low 40s. Steve and Lani had planned to continue on today. They did not. We had some chores to do in preparation for tomorrow’s departure. First up was washing a few items of clothing. With laundry drying on the drying rack, we took stock of our food, and planned for the next 5 days of meals. I have been getting things all along while we’ve been here. Getting them when I see them, so I didn’t need too much more (even if I do, I don’t have anywhere to put it). 

It seemed like it was a good time to walk to the supermercado we went to yesterday on our way back from the ride. Yeah, it rained the whole way there. We did pick up another dog (I’ve decided they are all named Floyd. This was Floyd 5.).

He waited for us outside the mercado. 

He really could use some grooming. 

We stopped at the Tienda Nathaly (where we could pay by card for the cabaña). Floyd 5 waited patiently. As we were leaving the tienda, Steve and Lani joined us. They said, “Oh, you found our dog!” Apparently, Floyd 5 had been with them too. 

We stopped at yet another Supermercado (one doesn’t have everything, so we go from supermercado to supermercado to get all the things). This one was pretty good. They had just put out some fresh pan, so we got some to have with the leftover soup from last night. They also had a decent selection of fruit and veggies. Steve and Lani left before us, and Floyd, not being the picky sort, followed them. 

We stopped into one more mercado, then came back. I was done, but Alex and Markus still needed some galletas. They went back out, and I repackaged my food (into my Pixar character Ziplock bags). It all fit in the two fork bags, thankfully. 

Later on, I went over to Leo’s Panadería to get some pan for tomorrow morning. I couldn’t resist one more treat. 

It’s a cheesecake with a blackberry (?) jam on top. Delish!

We’ve had some sun breaks today in between rain showers. The forecast is looking pretty good for tomorrow. I do hope it is not quite as cold. Regardless of the weather, it will be good to be back to pedaling. 

No comments: