Sunday, March 11, 2018

Mar 12: Taking Myself for a Ride

 

Ringwood Gateway Bridge I rode over

Today is Labor Day here in Australia. Still, Nat had to work, but Ian didn’t. He had some things he wanted to work on. For a ride, Ian suggested going the other direction on the Koonung Trail. The weather was much cooler today, and overcast. Ian gave me the “stupid easy” way to get to the trail. This is the trail that parallels the highway, but it also goes through a couple of large parks. There was a headwind on my way out, but it was still pleasant riding. 

 

After awhile, I was on the Eastlink Trail. This trail goes on and on with different environments—forest, wetland, and field grassland. I didn’t see much wildlife, except birds. It was quite steep and rolling in places.

 

 

Since the Trail didn’t seem to be ending anytime, I decided I would make 15km my halfway, and return. Close to Ian and Nat’s I stopped and picked up a sandwich and some chips, then rode the rest of the way back. Here’s some photos from the ride.

Getting on the Koonung Trail

 

Notice the artwork going into the tunnel

 

Trail buffered by high walls

 

This Hotel is being renovated across the road

 

Still looks like some work to be done

 

I turned around after riding over this bridge

 

No comments: