Sunday, January 14, 2024

1/14-Part 2-More Hasta Luegos


Alex, Camilla, Caroline, Matias, Markus, and me…

Ah…another meal to say not-goodbye to more of our friends. My hija de South America, Caroline, leaves tomorrow for Puerto Natales. Camilla and Matias leave the same day we do (maybe we’ll see them for awhile, but they are also heading to Puerto Natales). 

The restaurant was quite fancy, except they were having a lighting problem. The power seemed to be out in about half of the lights. I had a mushroom risotto that was pretty good, but I couldn’t eat all of it. It came with sweet potatoes which weren’t so good. But, we had a great time visiting. We will miss them all, and hope we see them again. I’ve told Caroline she must come to Washington. 

We got back at about 10:00. El Calafate was quite busy. That is the Argentine way, though. The town comes alive in the evening. 

Going to bed now as we have our glacier tour tomorrow. Goodnight from Argentina. 



No comments: