Thursday, September 16, 2021

4B-Day 6-Most Familiar Territory!

Just a warning…not so many photos today as it was a short day in very familiar territory. 

Since we only had about 25 miles (from Lake Wenatchee to Leavenworth), we didn’t rush to get going. It was rather chilly this morning, so we waited for some sun to warm us up a bit. We got on the road at 9:45. 

The route had us going up Beaver Valley, but instead, we did the Chiwawa Loop Road. It’s a little longer, but less traffic and more scenic. 

Beautiful day on Chiwawa Loop. 

Here they come!

Of course, since this is a bakery tour, we stopped at the Plain Hardware store for some goodies (I had a cinnamon roll and hot chocolate). They carry Off the Farm Bars, so I re-upped my supply.

Enjoying some sun and goodies. 

Next up was the hump over the Chumstick, but then it was downhill nearly all the way to Leavenworth. I waited for Bob and Janet at the beginning of the bike path. 

Haven’t had an opportunity to ride this yet. 

Welcome to Leavenworth!

We are staying at the KOA (which is kind of behind Safeway). For a KOA, it’s not terribly expensive (plus we’re splitting it three ways, so $12 each). We got our tents set up, then rode back into town to get a few things. I bought a warmer hat, and some long socks (we have some rain coming the next couple of days) at Der Sportsman. 

Bob working the counter at Der Sportsman. 

I stopped at Safeway for some resupply. I’ve figured out that I don’t really need much in the way of lunch stuff because we usually stop and eat somewhere. 

Then it was back to the KOA for a shower and some laundry. Bob and Janet did their’s together. They had some false starts, so mine will be done before, even though I started mine substantially later. It will be good to have clean clothes!

We are going to go back into town for dinner at PAVZ Tacos. I already know what I’m having!

Best of all, I got an email from Priority Bicycles saying my Priority 600X bike has shipped (I had hoped to have it for this trip, but oh well…MC is doing fine)!!!

I’ll finish this now, and leave you all with this…






No comments: