Saturday, April 14, 2018

Apr 14: A Good Choice

So, I’m spending the weekend in Melbourne, planning to leave on Monday (I may have mentioned that already). Nat and I went to the Post Office this morning so I could send my case to Cathy in Perth, and send a box home of accumulated souvenirs. It really didn’t cost as much as I thought it would. Of course, I sent the box home via “SeaMail”. It’ll take 30 days or more to get there. The case will take about a week to get to Perth.

Nat had an appointment, so I hung out at home. Are you wondering why didn’t I go for a ride? Well, the weather was less than optimal...waaaay less than optimal...in fact, it was downright nasty. High winds, and heavy rain. And it was rather chilly too. No, I was happy to sit inside and watch the nastiness I didn’t have to ride in. 

I’ve spent the afternoon watching the some of the last events of the 2018 Commonwealth Games being held up on the Gold Coast. I watched some rugby and hockey (not ice, and not really field either—played on a court with a ball and sticks that look sort of like crochet hooks). In the women’s hockey, New Zealand beat Australia for the gold medal. When Nat got home, we watched the men’s road race. An Aussie won the gold. It was a good race. I also took in a bit of netball. What is that, you ask? That’s a good question. It is a game sort of like basketball, but without dribbling. There is no backboard, just a hoop. The court is divided into thirds, and players can only be in their section. It is primarily a women’s sport. I still don’t really understand it, but then again, I don’t really get football either. I’m not too good with these types of sports (except baseball). 

So, that was pretty much my day. Weather isn’t supposed to be good tomorrow either, but no worries, I’m not riding then either. It was a good choice to wait until Monday to depart. I did a video, thinking maybe I could put a video in, but alas...no. Here’s a photo, but it doesn’t do justice to the weather nastiness.




No comments: